Monday, November 22, 2010

Impossible

Ok, I'm throwing in the towel early. The Impossible Dream Challenge is impossible for me. I simply do not have the dedication to work on infantry so fast. Bah!

But instead of just stopping where I am, I am going to just dial it in sharply. Things left to finish before the challenge ends officially:
Druids of Orboros + UA
Stone Keeper
Blackclad Wayfarer
Stoneward

That means the pieces I have given up on were:
Mohsar
Krueger
Wolf Riders
Bloodweavers
Reeves
Wolves

Notice that this is the lion's share of my model count.

Other things though, we are planning to hold a Battlebox "Bring or Borrow" tournament here at the end of January. We have so many battleboxes amongst our group, we wanted to get people in and trying the game out. So, with that in mind, after this set of Circle stuff here, I plan to work on painting my variety of battleboxes. I like painting casters and jacks/beasts. This is going to go much better, I'm sure.

But on the path to doing that I am trying to also become a Press Ganger. I sent my application today. This involved pictures of two painted battleboxes as well. Guess what? I'm gonna' share those here now too! Yeah, I speak a lot of the painting and show very little. Well, here ya' go. Snapped today before the rain rolled in.


Here is the Cryx box. It's been a while since I painted these and I'm not exactly pleased with the end results. But I don't field these too terribly often. I also have the new plastic box set waiting to be painted too (and thus add another battlebox to my list for the upcoming event). But that one is a bit lower on my list right now since I need to get the Skorne box painted first. Followed by a Menoth box once I can figure out a scheme I like.


And here is my second box, Gorten and his jacks. I really like the Gorten model for some reason. I noticed after I snapped the picture that there is a mold line I missed on the top of his hammer. Bah! Oh well. Still looks good on a table top. I don't think I'll ever build a real army out of these dwarves, but I do enjoy their models.

And that's it for now. I'm actually really impressed with my phone's camera so I guess I'll be putting up more pictures in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment